Thursday 11 October 2012

Girl or Boy? Boy or Girl?



Well tonight is the last night I will have not knowing if I am the mother of 3 boys or 2 boys and 1 girl.  I have my 20 weeks scan tomorrow morning and we have decided to find out the sex of the baby.  This is a weird thing for us as we did not want to find out with Cornichon and not with Little Pickle although towards the end of the second pregnancy I really wished we had found out for purely practical purposes (do I just wash the neutral stuff or all the boy things or buy new?).

I love love love being a mum of 2 boys.  I am not a girly girl and I think that boys have MUCH better toys than girls.  (Most of these toys live in the cupboard under my stairs and will be a treasure trove for the baby as soon as he/she is old enough to put things in his/her mouth but I will just have to worry about that a bit further down the line.)  That said, a girl would change the balance of the house and possibly bring out the girliness in me too - if it is there!

I am pretty sure it is a boy.  I feel the same now as I did when pregnant with the boys, however Mr Gherkin is sure it is a girl, saying I have been different this time around (huh?).  I am very excited about tomorrow and as soon as I know I will tell the whole world.  I have bets on Facebook and a whole £1 riding on it with Mr Gherkin.  I am sure it is a boy.  I will tell all tomorrow.

Any guesses?

No comments:

Post a Comment