Saturday 10 April 2010

Three-wheeled wagon

Mr Gherkin has gone off on a jolly with his Dad to watch their rugby team playing away in France so I have had the 2 boys on my own for a couple of days. He felt the usual parental guilt before going away but I told him not to be so ridiculous and to go away and enjoy himself. According to the texts he has been having a brilliant time even though they narrowly lost by 1 point and he had a rugby ball booted into his face during the warm-up (he used to play and be a ball boy so I really don't know why he just took one in the face and got a fat lip and bent glasses!). He is flying home tonight and should be back with us in the morning. It sounds like he has missed us and the boys and I certainly missed him. It's like pushing a three-wheeled wagon - you can do it but after a certain amount of time it starts to get a bit hard. (Hats off to all single parents out there - you have it tough and tiring!) He is a cooling balm for us and my welcome break from them and he fourth wheel to a well-balanced wagon.

Come home Daddy Gherkin, your family misses you.

No comments:

Post a Comment